Simple and delicious, add this barbecued corn to your next summer meal
The simple things are sometimes the best. The sweetness of fresh summer corn, grilled deep and dark, then rolled in a lime chili butter brings out a flavour that is truly delicious.
- 6 cobs fresh corn, shucked
- 8 oz. unsalted butter, room temperature
- zest of 1 small lime
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp. Cote D’Azure 2.0 chili paste (according to taste)
- Shuck the corn making sure that you remove all the silk as it burns easily.
- Heat your grill to medium high and place the cobs directly on the heat. Keep turning the corn to ensure even browning and cooking.
- While the corn is cooking, place the butter, zest, juice and chili paste in a bowl and, using a hand beater, whip until the butter and ingredients are fully mixed together. The longer you beat the butter, the more volume you get.
- Taste for seasoning and serve with the hot corn.
- This can be made ahead and stored up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. A sprinkle of fleur de sel is a nice finish to the corn.
Makes 1 cup of butter. Serves 6.
Note: If you do not have a grill, simply boil or steam the corn in a pot.
Originally published in TVWeek.