These eight tips will keep you healthy and happy all workday long
- Store some walking shoes at work. If you have a chance to slip away from work at lunch or on a break, slip into your sneakers to walk briskly around the block.
- Check your ergonomics. Your computer station or desk area should be properly positioned to ensure comfort and prevent repetitive strain injuries.
- Limit caffeine and opt more often for herbal tea or water. More than four cups of coffee a day can dehydrate and cause jitteriness.
- Bring a nutritious lunch and snacks as often as possible throughout the week to lower your temptation to eat high-fat or high-calorie fast foods. It can also save you money.
- List your priorities. A to-do list in order of most important to least important helps you stay on track and focused.
- Think positively. Your thinking dramatically affects how you feel. Keep the day pleasant by seeing and approaching your “problems” as “challenges.”
- Manage conflicts and stressors by speaking up. When something bothers you at work, talk it over diplomatically with someone like a co-worker or a manager.
- Avoid taking your work home with you. Try to leave work and its “challenges” at work, to enjoy time out with family and friends.