- ½ cup freshly squeezed apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ vanilla bean
- 1½ oz bourbon
- 1 dried apple slice, to garnish
- Combine apple juice, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean in a small saucepan.
- Bring apple juice mixture to a gentle boil over medium high heat and reduce by half to ¼ cup of juice. Remove from heat, strain and cool.
- Combine cooled apple juice, lemon juice and bourbon in a shaker with ice. Shake until well mixed.
- Strain into a glass and garnish with a dried apple slice.
Recipe courtesy of Culinary Capers, Vancouver-based catering and event-planning specialists